Sunday, July 21, 2013

... Hands!...

For this project I was asked to sketch each of my hands. I am not a good drawer, however I do try! I created this picture with a charcoal pencil and a piece of computer paper. Here are my hands:


I started with the left hand because my right hand is the dominant hand. I think I did a pretty good job at getting the basic shape of my hand down. Drawing my right hand was very difficult. I do not have a strong control over my left hand and it was hard to begin drawing my right hand. I had to erase more than I had to when drawing my left hand. It was uncomfortable at first, however I was able to slow down and get a somewhat basic outline of my hand. I did a better job drawing when I was drawing with my dominant hand than when I was drawing with my non-dominate hand. I enjoyed the challenge of drawing with my left hand and I would like to start using it more so I can have more control over both hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment