Friday, June 28, 2013

... Peer Review...

These are my peer’s blogs I reviewed for this blog post:
After looking at two of my peer’s blog post and reviewing the two projects, a picture slideshow on the elements and principles of design and the art gallery visit, I feel as if I am on the right track. I thought the slideshows I reviewed were unique to the individual, as well as expressive both personally and academically. The first slideshow I viewed used household objects to express the elements and principles of design. I thought every picture that was paired with and element or principle was successful. I also like how the pictures were of everyday objects. The second slideshow I viewed was worldlier, since most of the pictures were taken in Europe. I thought this was a great idea because Europe is where many of these elements and principles were used, especially in the time of the Renaissance. What was even more spectacular was the fact that many of these pictures contained thousands of years old artifact and building, all of which have a story behind them. It was very inspirational to view the pictures and make the connection between them and the element and principle they were paired with. Many of the pictures did contain many examples of different elements and principles; however the one they were paired with was the most prominent characteristic within the picture.
For project two I was only able to view one blog posting, my other peer has not published her work yet. The one I did view did not have any pictures that were the same as mine, which made me very happy because I found some art work that I very much enjoyed and have never seen before.  I do not think the reasons these pictures were selected were the same as mine because we are two different people and have different reasons and opinions for our thoughts and reasoning. I do understand why he picked the piece of art he did and I think the reasoning behind his choices reveal more about him as a person, mainly his likes and dislikes. I enjoyed the pieces of art he connected to because many of them were very detailed and pleasing to look at. I thought Untitled, by Charlotte Spaulding Albright was the print I connection to the most. I like how I can look at this picture then see the backyard at my father’s house, and where I grew up for 20 years of my life. It also intrigued me that this print had no title. I think the artist left this print untitled because there is and there cannot be a title for this. It is a picture that is intended to bring up memories which will be unique to everyone. If you put a name on this print it will identify a certain place, and the nostalgia of remembering a place like this in your childhood would be lost. With more information about the artist and inspiration behind this piece I could see if my hypothesis is correct or not.
I thought the peer reflections were very mind opening and enlightening. After reviewing all of this art and seeing and felling the art, I want to share this experience with other people, as well as hear about their experience. I believe this is a good way to really understand meanings behind the art and validate your impressions on the art. Examining art is a good way to analyze your impressions on the world and it
Unfortunately I have not received any comments, however I am looking forward to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment